Melancholia

Melancholia

Friday, October 1, 2010

Cakeless

So it's happening again - It's October. My birthday is this weekend and I am turning 33, (not 34 like previously stated in one of my posts and oh my God I am already going senial).

It's Friday, and I have no plans for my birthday, which I kind of prefer but it is also kinda making me sad. There wasn't even a work-cake for me today, unless they are waiting until Monday? It's not like I enjoy the spectacle of having a cake at work and doing a really sad-ass job at cutting the pieces, but I do feel that my lack of a birthday celebration is depriving my fellow co-workers of some well-deserved sugary-goodness, dammit.

I can't wait to leave work today (there is 15 minutes to go!) but not having any plans is making me a little anxious. Chances are pretty good that doing something for my day will be just another obligation - punishment for living another year if you will - most likely, an evening spent with the pseudo-in-laws. Oh, life is grand.

But maybe, just maybe, this year will be different,and good times will be had. Stranger things have happened, right?

No comments: