Melancholia

Melancholia

Friday, November 5, 2010

Book n' Blogging

So I got as far as signing up for a new blog, figured out my name, and my little tag line, chose a template, added widgets, and now...I'm stuck. I have no idea how to start this thing. I mean, how much can I say about my writing process? I was thinking of other things I could write about. It's surprisingly difficult because this is a blog that I would advertise to my real-world "friends", so I guess I'm just feeling nervous. Like preparing a public speaking presentation for my classmates.

I have definitely not been very consistent with the time I spend on my novel. I can go months without working on it, and then if I'm lucky, have months of writing. I've been trying to do a little bit of editing every week though. I obsessively calculate what percentage I've finished. For example, as of now, I am 66% into editing my first draft. Not that accurate a measurement I know, because I'm just basing it on the number of pages I've gone through. I've deleted A LOT of scenes and added a few more here and there. There are times when I absolutely despise what I've created, and then there are times when I become quite involved in just reading it, like I've almost forgotten that it's my story and I know how it ends. I love those times. I know there's still a lot of work left to do, (probably 50 more drafts), but I have to admit that I am a little excited at the progress, however slow it has been.

No comments: