Melancholia

Melancholia

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Good Advice

I've decided something today, and that's not an easy thing to do if you're me. I've been avoiding the blog thing since I started, mostly because, despite the anonymity of it, I am still afraid of what others will think of me. I'm afraid everyone will know what a despicable person I am, what a horrible writer I am. But I've decided I don't care. And I owe it to a comment made by cmk on a blog I was reading: "I think we forget sometimes that our blogs are there for a reason: for us to put down our thoughts. We worry too much about pleasing our readers and don’t think of ourselves enough. Be selfish and write or DON’T write as YOU please...." I think that is good advice, and though it was not intended for me, I will take it.

No comments: