Melancholia

Melancholia

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So the airhead receptionist wasn't entirely wrong. I did need to go to the doctor's to have something removed: a chunk out of my leg the size of a single couscous. Ew. Did I really just make the comparison? Anyway, it was a biopsy. So now I have to wait a week and see what horrible disease I have. Can't wait.

I feel like my body is falling apart. I was thinking about this the other day: when people die of so-called natural causes, does it only happen at the moment that the mind, body and soul unanimously agree that it's time to let go? Maybe it's because I'm such a pessimist, but I wonder if my body is simply catching up with the rest of me.

Anyway, not much else to add today. I'm very tired.

1 comment:

artquest1 said...

I stumbled across your blog, read it through from the beginning, and I'm impressed with your writing skills and your ability to describe felling, attitude and intent without resorting to lists of adjectives and adverbs. Obviously, continuity of narrative suffers a bit when your posts are often pretty far apart.
I'm curious about two things.
One, I notice that there are no comments - do you block or delete them, or are they just not there?
You make many references to "my novel" and I am hoping that is real and not just an aside, as I think your writing skills and ability are certainly worth following up.
I will post this as a comment on your blog (although, since it has been almost two months, I wonder if you've abandoned it), and also as an e-mail, which will give you an opportunity to ignore it it two places.
Good luck, Bob artquest1.blogspot.com