Melancholia

Melancholia

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Crossroads

I've been feeling like I'm approaching a crossroads for a while, and I keep bouncing from hopeful feelings, to feelings of despair. I'm not entirely sure how I got here, to this point in the road, but I wish to God I could turn around and go back. Take a different route, find out where that takes me. But of course, I can't. I'm stuck here, in this time, in this reality, on this dirt fork in the road, where one direction leads to light and happiness and the other to dark and despair, a place where I don't have enough sense to pick the right path.

Why should I even consider it a choice? Is it because I've already decided that my life is over? That the me that existed once upon time, the me that had hope for a future, that wanted nothing more than to help people, to make a difference in this sorry world, the me that thought it would get better, is already dead?

I can't shake the feeling. I want to straighten out my life. I do. But I'm afraid of what will be left when those obstacles to happiness are gone. What will be left but me?

2 comments:

Possum said...

"what will be left but me?"
that's the most valuable and all that matters...your-self.

"I want to straighten out my life. I do"
so work out what that 'looks' and 'feels' like and make that your target.

Baby steps. Celebrate yourself each day!

MaryPoppins said...

Thanks for the support Possum. I think part of the problem is I'm not entirely sure what it looks and feels like, but I'm working on it :)